Whether you are making your annual Friends Of Alec (FOA) contribution, creating an endowment or simply wishing to make a generous donation to the ASE/EM department, the following are ways you may pay for your gift:
1. Online Gifts (including gifts to Friends of Alec) Access the convenience of secure online giving through the University's giving page.
2. Checks sent via US Mail All checks in support of the Cockrell School of Engineering should be made payable to The University of Texas at Austin. Please note in the memo line your gift's designation within the Department of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics. Checks should be mailed to the address listed below.
3. Matching Gifts Alumni and friends can maximize the impact of their giving to ASE/EM through employer matching gift programs. Most matches are dollar-for-dollar (1:1), effectively doubling - or in some cases tripling - the value of donors' gifts. Some companies match the gifts of retirees and spouses as well as those of active employees.
4. Bequests and Planned Gifts Gift planning is one of the most powerful ways you can support the ASE/EM department. Through a planned or deferred gift, donors can positively affect the future of the deparatment and its students. Learn more about structuring a gift that will help you honor your values and meet your personal, financial, and estate planning goals.
5. Stock Transfer A gift of appreciated stock is an excellent way to support the School, simultaneously avoiding capital gains tax and taking a charitable deduction. To ensure proper processing, donors should alert a staff member in the Cockrell School at (512) 471-3395 to request transfer instructions.
6. Wire Transfer Wire transfers are most commonly used with gifts made from outside the United States or for large gifts within the US. To ensure proper gift credit of the gift, donors should contact a staff member in the Cockrell School at (512) 471-3395 to request transfer instructions.
7. UT Faculty and Staff Payroll Deduction Are you a UT employee? If so, you can support the department through payroll deduction. Set up your payroll deduction.
All checks and documentation in support of the ASE/EM Department should be mailed to:
The University of Texas at Austin
301 E. Dean Keeton St., C2104
Austin, TX 78712-0287